Overnight Berry Oats
I love oats in general, but this overnight berry oats with bananas and a hint of cinnamon take your ordinary oatmeal up a notch.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup double cream vanilla yoghurt
- 1/2 cup strawberries (sliced)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
In a large mason jar, combine oats, milk, 1/2 cup yogurt, and cinnamon (leave some to sprinkle when serving). Screw lid on and shake to combine. Let chill in fridge overnight or at least 8 hours.
When ready to serve: In a small bowl, combine blueberries, strawberries and bananas. Add a bit of lemon juice and let stand for about 5 minutes.
Remove oats from fridge and divide between 3 serving glasses/bowls. Top each with remaining 1/2 cup greek yogurt and top with berries and sliced banana, sprinkle a bit of cinnamon.
Serve overnight oats warmed up or immediately and enjoy! I like to warm mine up a bit.
- It's best to add fruit before serving.
- Warm it up for 1-2 minutes in the microwave or stovetop if you prefer it warm.
- Use certified gluten-free oats for a gluten-free version.
- Use a non-dairy milk option for a vegan option.